Role, Responsibilities and Duties of a
Fire Marshals at Ealing Abbey
ALL MASSES AT EALING ABBEY AT THE WEEKEND, are now covered by at LEAST ONE FIRE MARSHAL, positioned as shown in the list below.
These are volunteer parishioners who will have undergone specialised training in the event of a fire. The reactive duties of these volunteers are as follows:-
- Sign in at the sacristy before Mass.
- Supplied with a coloured/high-vis armband.
- Calmly Fighting fires/use of fire extinguishers. Raise the alarm/call the emergency services.
- Directing parishioners to available exit routes.
- Assist disabled people.
- Close all doors and fire doors.
- Ensure final fire doors are closed.
- Report to the fire service on their arrival.
Fire marshals and fire extinguishers are located at the the following positions in the Abbey church:-
1. Sacred Heart Statue
2. Our Lady’s Chapel – Priority if ony ONE fire marshal is present.
3. Sacristy and the Blessed Sacrament Chapel
EVACUATION PLAN OF THE ABBEY CHURCH AND PARISH CENTRE